Since Geof has been so kind to tag me with this meme, I figured I’d be nice enough to answer it. This is a little hard for me, most people know the big things about me. Let’s see if I can give this a try, though.
1. I grew up racing sailboats with my family. My oldest brother, my dad and I really enjoyed sailing. We would race sailboats mainly on Lake Guntersville, which was about 45 minutes away from my home. It’s actually a sport I really miss now that I’m grown up and would love to get back into it, but Phoenix, AZ is not exactly an ideal location for lots of sailing.
2. When I went to ASMS in high school, I was very determined to study marine biology in college. In the two years that I was there, I took a 180 degree turn from marine biology to electrical engineering based on the classes I took there. I’ve never looked back since.
3. I’ve been to 38 of the 50 states in this country, Mexico, Canada and 7 European countries.
4. When I first started working at my current job, I was constantly plagued with wondering if I had made the right choice in coming out here or not. The day I changed from being a software designer to the test lead for my team, I’ve never wondered since. It sounds kind of hokey, but I really love being part of a systems team instead of the software team. I just use my software background to be a better systems person.
5. Growing up, I managed to break multiple fingers in both of my hands (not great for someone who also played the cello). A couple years ago, I was actually diagnosed with having arthritis in my hands as a result of my fingers having been broken.