We never bought this house with the thought that it would become a project house. We haven’t had any major projects, but once we get one problem fixed, there’s always something else.
This time, it’s the heater. As most people, I’m sure, have noticed, the weather’s gotten cool enough that there are a few times a heater has been warranted. Our heater works. The only problem is, it doesn’t shut off. First, we thought it was the thermostat. Nope. Then, perhaps the heat pump outside. No, everything looks pretty okay with it. So, the other option we had was the unit upstairs in the attic. Sean and I decided to go investigate last night. At something like 9pm on a Sunday evening, finds Sean and me crawling around our small attic trying to determine if there’s an issue with our unit up there. Upon opening the panel, one immediately sees just lots of wires. The next thing I noticed, though, is melted plastic at the bottom of the panel box. Somehow or another, one of the connector caps has melted off and there are some bare wires, possible crossed wires up there. Lovely. I didn’t want to touch anything.
So, Sean’s supposed to be calling a repairman today to see if they can come out and look at it. This is something that I want fixed now before it gets any cooler outside and we need to start leaving the heater on more often. One more project to add to the list. As a side note, though. While we were crawling around up in the attic last night, I noticed one of the secondary ducts had come loose from the main duct. So, Sean and I can now say we’ve used duct tape for it’s original, primary purpose. 🙂