With respect to a post on g’chick by Will, I began to truly contemplate goals that I have set for mysef in life. I know that there are a lot of things that I have expressed the wish to learn more about or do, but I never really thought about a set list of things that could be considered goals. So, here’s my try at putting together a list of goals that I’ve really had for a while, but never classified them as goals.
1. Graduate cum laude with a degree in Computer Engineering (Hopefully completed in 1.5 more years)
2. Design and build my own house that is the ultimate geek estate (Sometime in the future, not sure when)
3. Buy a J-22 or J-24 one of these days to sail with a crew. Also, own a smaller Sunfish or Thistle to sail by myself. (Sometime after the house)
4. Learn to scuba dive and go diving in the Great Barrier Reef (hopefully, in the near future)
5. Build my own computer (I’m not talking about just plugging boards into a case. I’m talking about actually soldering all of the chips onto the boards and then plugging them into the case.)
6. Take the Orient Express (Whenever I can afford it)
7. Get my grandfather’s old ’63 Buick Riviera and completely restore it (It’s not a fancy car, but it’s got major sentimental value; I doubt I’ll be able to get my hands on this anytime before my father dies)
8. Finish visiting all 50 states (I’ve got 38 down, just 12 more to go)
9. The ability to look back on my life when I’m old and not regret the choices that I made in life.